2020 Year 6 to Year 7 Transition information Pack Students
Grade 6 to Year 7 Transition Process
The Department of Education and Training (DET) provides government schools with a timeline for the Transition to Year 7 enrolment process. For 2020 details, click here
2021 details will be posted when available.
- Your Primary School will provide you with the ‘Transition to Year 7’ application form and information, late in Term 1 or at the start of Term 2 of the Grade 6 year.
- Parents/Carers must complete this form, and return it to your Primary School by the due date provided.
- Public Primary Schools then forward all applications to the relevant Secondary School in accordance with the Department of Education and Training guidelines.
- Mid-August families will receive notification from the Primary School advising what Secondary School your child has been offered a place in. (Please note: Year 7 placement is decided by secondary schools. However, all communication about placement must be with the Primary School coordinator until the placement is confirmed.)
- In September, Fairhills High School will send you an Enrolment pack which contains information and forms for you to complete.
For students transitioning from an Independent Primary School you will need to complete the following form: Year 6 to Year 7 Transition Information Pack (non-government) Fairhills High School will notify you of the outcome.
Further details about Moving from Primary to Secondary School: information for parents – can be found on the Department of Education and Training website.
If your child is interested in applying for the SEAL Program, please complete the application form. For more details, click here
Support for New Year 7 students
Helping our Year 7 students to feel happy and secure as they adjust to the greater complexity of secondary school begins with our Primary School Secondary Sampler program. Year 5 and 6 students visit the school for cultural, sporting, science and technology experiences and, of course, orientation day in December.
These positive experiences help primary students to quickly form new friendships at the school, broaden their horizons, meet future teachers and build the confidence they will need to feel welcome on commencement at Fairhills.
Fairhills High School is an inclusive and welcoming community where our students feel inspired to achieve their very best. The school offers a coeducational diverse learning experience for students from Year 7 through to Year 12. Our students are supported by talented and dedicated staff who love what they do and know how to bring out the best in each individual. Learn what makes Fairhills High School unique by exploring our website or contacting us.
+61 3 9758 5022
330 Scoresby Rd, Knoxfield Victoria Australia 3180
Fairhills High School is accredited under the Department of Education and Training’s CRICOS registration (CRICOS provider name and code: Department of Education and Training, 00861K)
© Copyright 2021 Fairhills High School