Annual privacy reminder for our school community
Please take time to read our school’s collection notice, found on our website https://fairhillshs.vic.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/2023-Privacy-Collection-Notice.pdf
We ask parents to also review the guidance we provide on how we use Microsoft 365/Google Workspace for Education – https://arc.educationapps.vic.gov.au/software/30/details safely at the school and what parents can do to further protect their child’s information.
If after reviewing the guidance, you have any questions or concerns regarding your child using Microsoft 365/Google Workspace for Education, please contact the school.
2023 Parent Payments
2023 student charges are now listed on Compass under Payment Centre. Parent payment contributions can be made through this area at any time.
The General Office hours are: 8.00am-4.00pm
Telephone: 9758 5022
Parents, contractors, visitors and volunteers should always make contact with the General Office first when visiting the school or requiring to make contact with their child.
Appointments with teachers must be made via telephone or email.
Compass is the communication portal for Fairhills – https://fairhillshs-vic.compass.education/
Parents/carers are provided with log in details. For any questions or trouble logging in please contact the office. Using Compass allows parents/carers to have access to up-to-date information and the following features:
- Monitor attendance, and enter an explanation for absence or lateness
- Communicate with teachers
- Update contact details
- View their child’s timetable and the school calendar
- Monitor homework and assessment tasks
- Download and view semester reports
- Book parent-teacher-student interviews each semester
- Pay and provide consent for events and school contributions
Compass Events / Payment Centre / Course Confirmation
Please check Events regularly as these need to be consented/paid by the due date for your child to attend. Also check out the Payment Centre and Course Confirmation sections.
Click here for the Compass Parent Guide
If your child will be absent or late due to illness or for any other reason, parents/guardians are able to:
- Mark their absence on Compass / or
- Send an email to the school: email@example.com / or
- Phone the absence hotline on 9758 5022. Leave a message after the prompt. The absence hotline is operational 24hrs a day, 7 days a week for your convenience.
Student’s arriving to school late should report to the General Office to receive a late pass.
If a student is required to leave school early for any reason they should bring a note from their parent/guardian and record this on Compass. All students are required to sign out from the General Office. If they need to call home, they should come to the office. Students should not use their mobiles.
If your child has COVID, please ring or email the school so we can record their absence accordingly.
Students who are family close contacts, must wear a mask whilst indoors and onsite and test regularly. If you require RAT tests, please contact the General Office.
Parent Carpark – pick up and drop off
If you drop/pick up your children please ensure you:
- use the parent car park – not the staff/guest car park, except for those with a disability parking permit
- pull into a parent parking spot to let your child out/pick them up
- when exiting turn left onto Scoresby road (as per the sign)
The purchase of School Uniforms are now through Dandy Schoolwear in Dandenong.
Factory 8, 169 Cheltenham Road, Dandenong
(03) 9792 0424
Monday to Friday – 9:00am to 5:00pm
Saturday – 9:30am to 2:00pm
Click here for the Uniform details and Price List
Click here for the 2023 Fairhills High School Student Dress Code
Sustainable School Shop
Looking to buy or sell second hand books or uniforms? Visit: www.sustainableschoolshop.com.au
You can also find the following items:
- Sporting items
- Musical items
- Electronics & DVD’s
2023 Bell Times
Two different bell times run during the week:
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- Tuesday and Thursday (includes House Group)
|Period 1||8:40am – 9:39am||8:40am – 9:39am|
|Period 2||9:39am – 10:38am||9:39am – 10:38am|
|Recess||10:38am – 10:58am||10:38am – 10:58am|
|Period 3||10:58am – 11:57am||10:58am – 11:57am|
|Period 4||11:57am – 12:56pm||11:57am – 12:56pm|
|Lunch||12:56pm – 1:36pm||12:56pm – 1:36pm|
|Homegroup||N/A||1:36pm – 1:49pm|
|Period 5||1:36pm – 2:35pm||1:49pm – 2:48pm|
2023 Team Leaders
|Year Level||Staff Leaders|